DIY Confetti Bow

A while back I got slightly carried away in Hobbycraft and ended up buying a bag of confetti scraps only to be stuck racking my brains with what to do with it all. At the time I knew I *really* needed it, one of those situations. 

I downloaded a gift wrapping guide by Hello Sandwich some time ago and saw that she she made a sequin bow so, I thought i'd give it a try using the confetti. Needless to say I still have a load of confetti left so if you have any other ideas on what I can use it for, do leave me a comment!

To make the bow you'll need:


Scissors
Washi Tape or a Twist Tie
Sticky Back Plastic
Confetti (circles of coloured paper cut out with a hole punch would look awesome too!)


Cut a square of the sticky back plastic 18cm x 18cm and fold in half to make a crease.


Peel back one half of the sticky back plastic and sprinkle with confetti pieces.


Peel off the backing of the sticky back plastic and fold over your sprinkled side to sandwich the confetti between the 2 layers. This step is a bit tricky as everything wants to stick to places you don't want it to!


Fold your sheet of confetti plastic into an accordion and secure with washi tape in the middle to create your bow. Using a hot glue gun, stick your bow onto a freshly wrapped gift!  


Ta-da!

0 comments:

Post a Comment