Starting Project Life

Firstly.... HAPPY 2014 everyone!! There's always one person late to the party isn't there... Let's pretend it isn't almost the end of January and i've kicked off my 'I MUST blog more' resolution in at least the first week. Yes? OK! Lovely. 

Just before Christmas I fell in lust with Project Life. I'd seen some of the kits in Hobbycraft but always thought scrapbooking just wasn't my 'thang'. I'm pretty sure it was my second day at work when I discovered I was oh so wrong. 

As I was surrounded by pretty papers & embellishments being put into monthly kits, I made the great (new obsession discovery) but bad (because now it's a new obsession) decision to ask 'So what exactly do you do with all this stuff?'. 

That's when I was first introduced to Project Life. Sarah (my boss), opened up a mint green ring binder full of journaling, Instagram prints, inspirational quotes and other memories all beautifully decorated. In a nutshell, Project Life is a memory book, but, it doesn't just focus on the big moments, it's about celebrating the little, every day things that you do in life. You know how we all go mental when Starbucks wheels out the red Christmas cups? You take a photo for Instagram and everyone connects with it. Project Life is taking it a bit further, by printing out that photo and telling the story of WHY you get excited about it or WHAT you religiously order, someone can look back over your completed year and build a picture of you as a person. 

Plus... you get to buy frickin' glitter letter stickers!

The first video I watched was this one by Shimelle Laine and it sums it up perfectly!


I knew that journalling would be important in Project Life, and while it shouldn't matter what your handwriting looks like, I have serious handwriting envy with most craft folk. My mum treated me to some retro technology and behold my new pride and joy...


She picked up this beauty from eBay for around £25! Who needs modern technology eh! While you don't need a lot of things to get started, a few papers, some photos & journaling cards, of course the big draw to Project Life or any scrapbooking, is the embellishments. Serious. Eye. Candy. Sarah was lovely enough to give me some Project Life cards to get me started...


I ordered the Hello Again paper pack from Carta Bella which comes with twelve 12x12 double-sided texture papers and two 12x12 sticker embellishment sheets. 


I also asked for some supplies for Christmas from Two Peas in a Bucket. I basically want to order the entire website. 





These extra Christmas themed embellishments are all still available from Two Pea's in a Bucket but as we're past Christmas now I haven't individually linked them up. 


And finally, here's how my first page of Project Life turned out! It's definitely a process of trial and error on what you think looks good but I'm happy with it as a starting point! There are loads of youtube tutorials and blogs on layouts if you need some inspiration and you can also follow my scrapbooking board on Pinterest HERE. I'll be adding more layout inspiration and printable's as I find them!


Also worth mentioning - another awesome present I received for Christmas was the Canon Selphy printer. It's awesome for Project Life as you can print all your photos and Instagram prints direct from your phone over WiFi. I use the Pic Frame app to make them the perfect size for the 3x4 pockets and it also prints 4x6 too! I picked mine up from Argos but it's also available in white from John Lewis


What do you think of Project Life? If you give it a go or if you already do Project Life, hit me up on Instagram #thegluegungirl or tweet me a photo of your layout @thegluegungirl.


0 comments:

Post a Comment