Jealous Much!?!?


What I am about to say I hope does not come across in an arrogant way.  I have experienced a lot of jealousy in my life as I am sure all people have.  I have experience jealous from both men and women both young and old.  This is not to brag or to set my self apart in some way shape or form, but to address a bigger issue.

People have been jealous of me because of my education.  Not understanding how long that it has taken me to go to school or the work that I have put in.  They do not understand the nights where I would get only one hour of sleep or no sleep at all.  How many hours, work, time, and cost I have had to put in, in order to make it to the PhD level.  There were many times where I took classes with no text books because I could not afford them and I still had to keep going, using the library and other resources to learn the knowledge that I needed for school.

People are often jealous of me because of the knowledge that I have in mental health.  Not understanding that I have worked with a severely mentally ill population for almost 10 years now.  Not understanding that I have worked in a jail and with people that if you say the wrong thing or look at them wrong, will knock my block off in a second.  They do not understand the long hours that I have had to put in working in this area and mastering my craft.


People are jealous of me because of how I look.  I am not saying that I am the most beautiful thing in he world, but I think that it stems from the security that I have in my self.  Not understanding that I was once insecure.  Not understanding that I once suffered from body image issues and struggled with an eating disorder for most of my teenage years.

People are jealous because of the direction that I have in my life.  Not knowing that it took many struggles, prayer, and following God blindly before I even knew that that purpose was.

People are jealous of my home.  Once again not understanding the struggle I have to put in to pay my mortgage, HOA, and bills being a single mother.  The time I had to put in to keep my credit straight in order to get it.


The point I am trying to make is that so many people are jealous of another person, but if they knew the story behind the person, then they would see that it took a lot of struggle for a person to get where they are today.

My response to all those who are jealous of me, is to ask them why do they not try to do the same things with their life?  Before you judge and criticize me, I would rather they get to know me and learn to respect my hustle.  Learn that what I have done with my life and want to continue to do with my life is not easy.

People have given me a hard time due to their jealousy.  At first I used to be bothered by it.  But I realized that things in my life and things I have accomplished were already hard, it was harder for me to have to deal with other people trying to add more drama.

Now I do not care.  I think God puts us through things so that we can learn to deal with it.  Over time, I have went from being insecure to being secure.  I have learned not to care what people think about me and I had to learn this by people doing me wrong and being jealous of me.  Even though it was nerve wrecking dealing with certain situations, whatever person I have had to deal with, it has never broken me but made me stronger.  As a result, the more I work and the farther I get on my life path, and the more I leave them behind.  And even though they still may be jealous, the way I see it is that they are not even on my level, so why should I care about what they think?

I know this may sound harsh, but I have seen too many people care too much about what other people think.  And as a results, they let others opinions about them determine what they are and are not going to do.  People miss out on opportunities due to their inability to cope with what people think about them.  This may be a news flash but the farther you go in life, the more people are going to hate you.  They do not have to have a reason, they do it because you are accomplishing something that they are not.

This is why I have learned and taught myself not to be jealous of others.  This was something I had to train myself to do and pray to God to maintain.  Fortunately for me I learned that when I saw something that someone else had, instead of being jealous and acting crazy toward them, I would just work hard and get these things on my own.

The only reason why jealousy comes in is because one feels a inadequacy in themselves.  The person you are jealous of may have the man that you want, life that you want, job that you want, car that you want, or house that you want.  But at the end of the day you can choose to do something about it.  Staying jealous allows the negativity to eat you up from the inside out or decide to do something.

Examine the reason why you are jealous and then fix it.

If you are jealous of someone else’s relationships, man, or marriage.  I am not saying take their man.  But I am saying that realize you are not married or in a relationship for a reason.  Instead figure out why, work on yourself, and trust that in the right timing someone will come along that is right for you.

If you are jealous of someone else’s education, then figure out a way to go to school yourself.  You cannot get mad at someone for wanting to better themselves, go better yourself.

If you are jealous at someone else’s job, then get yourself another job. If you are not qualified for the job you want, then work toward getting those qualifications until you get the job you want.

If you are jealous of someones looks, remember that you can only be you.  Learn to be happy with the way you look.  For myself I am darker skinned and have never been super skinny.  I have always had curve.  Being darker skinned and having curves have not always been considered as beautiful.  I used to have people tell me that I am pretty for a black girl.  Like me being dark skin was inferior to other colors.  But then I decided to be satisfied in the skin that I was in and decided to love myself the way I was.  Now I love being myself and have no desire to be like anyone else.  And because of my love for myself other people noticed too.

The point I am trying to get at, is there is too much hate and jealously in the world between people.  And really there is not need for it.  If you are a Christian and jealous, then you really ought to be shame.

Stop being jealous of others.  They didn’t do anything to you.  And even if they did you do not have to give them control of your life by feeding into how they feel about you.  And secondly, stop allowing other people’s jealously effect you.  There is always going to be someone out there that does not like you.  Instead of allowing their jealousy to stop you, allow it to be your motivation to get to where you need to go.  And soon how they feel about you will not even matter because they will be the dust in your rear view mirror.

When I think back to 10 years ago, if I would have allowed every jealous or mean word get into my head, then I would not have accomplished or been anything much.  And the only person that would be suffering was me.  Instead, I chose to prove all my haters wrong and continue to go higher and higher as God calls be into my destiny.  Do not let anyone tell you that you are not worth it.  Many people have told me that I was not worth it, and I made them eat their words.

 "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." Acts 10:15


If called God has called you out and has made you clean do not let anyone convince you that God made a mistake.  Do not let anyone make you believe that you are less than what you are.  And that is royalty because you are the child of the most high God and your father is a King.

Shake the haters off!
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment