Jubilee Cake Time!


I decided to make a cake for the Queens Jubilee and this is how it turned out! It's a bit of a hefty beast but you can never have too much cake right? I used a recipe from the Primrose Bakery book (you can see my review HERE) and as I made it 3 layer cake, I just halved all the ingredients and made an extra sponge.


For the sponge:

210g self raising flour
25g cornflour
225g golden caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
225g unsalted butter at room temperature
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
Food colouring (optional)

For the filling:

115g unsalted butter at room temperature
60ml semi skimmed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
500g icing sugar, sifted
Strawberry jam

Unfortunately, in true British style, it's raining today so we didn't fancy going down to the river. Boo. Do you have anything planned for the long weekend?

Lisa X

0 comments:

Post a Comment