Snail Mail Revival: Post got pretty

Now don't get me wrong, I am fully loving the 21st century. There really is a lot of benefits to it, advances in medical science, air travel, the fact I can play Candy Crush on my iPhone on the tube... (I know... shouldn't admit to that one) and whilst instant communication is now fully integrated in daily life, lets face it, it's still nice when something drops through the letter box, a birthday card, a thank you note, anything personal that doesn't start with 'Here's your bill'.


So lets go back to way back when; before email, before whatsapp, before text messages, before Skype, once upon a time you would actually have to sit and write someone a letter AND without the use of a spell checker. Now i'm not saying I want to go back 50 years and have to wait 3 days for a bit of gossip from my best friend but I really do miss the excitement of letters and postcards. Luckily there also seems to be a lot of other people who feel the same and because of this, post circles are cropping up all over the place. Think of it a little like the modern day penpal or just an excellent opportunity to send and receive pretty post. 


I first heard of Post Circles through the gorgeous Janettes blog The Pampered Sparrow and she is also doing a 3 part blog post on everything from stationary, what to send and packaging it up so do go over and check that out! 

Naturally it's a) made me want to be involved and b) given me yet another reason to look through Pinterest and pin envelopes and ways to decorate them. 

A couple of minutes later, I knew what the world needed, a bright pink Grumpy Cat bubble mailer. Now come on, who wouldn't want to see this waiting for them on the door mat?



The great thing is, you can really go to town on the decoration and it's easy! I pulled off a couple of cat pictures from google, printed them out and stuck them onto the bubble mailer. I used washi tape, heart stickers and some random self adhesive gems I had laying about and drew out a speech bubble for the address label. Grumpy Cat in a party hat was a touch! Haha! The next person to order from Haus of Glue will get their order sent out in this!

You can also find out more about the Post Circle by checking out Miss Beatrix's blog HERE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment