I'm excited because...

Well, a) because it's the weekend... but I'm also excited for another couple of reasons: 

Firstly, our new kitchen is almost complete! I'll post some pictures of the transformation but it's still very much wet paint and dust. My God, i'm so over DUST! I can smell it, taste it and once you've cleaned, that stuff still rains down.  

The main culprit for this is our kitchen table. I saw the utterly gorgeous Victoria from lilyloveslola makeover her similar table, I loved it, so though i'd give our not so sexy orange pine the same treatment. 
Check me out being a total pro with my dust mask! Let me just point out, before I picked up a packet of those I was using a tea towel which DOES NOT WORK. More fool me, I was coughing like a good'un. I also looked like some sort of desert quad biker. Minus the desert and the quad bike. 

All i'll say is, while I am loving the results, I never want to have to sand another thing for as long as I live. It's such hard work even with an electric sander, and then there's the painting... (Give me a couple of weeks and i'll want to do the same thing on something else, I never learn!) All that's left is 3 chairs to second coat and a trip to B&Q shortly to buy some wax for the table top. Phew.

Secondly... and I am INSANELY excited by this one, after spending hours/days on writing a business plan, getting David to try and explain cash flow forecasts to me and usually adding up numbers about 10 times, I had a meeting on Thursday to secure investment in my new venture Haus of Glue - and I got it!!!

Haus of Glue is something i've been wanting to do for a while and I cannot tell you how happy I am to be able to get started on it! I don't want to reveal to much yet but it does involve craft, baking and wrapping and i'm at the initial stage of what hopefully will be a much bigger picture.

For anyone interested, I applied through the government scheme Start-Up Loans which amazingly helps people aged between 18-30 in the UK develop their business ideas and make them reality. You also get a business mentor for a year too, I cannot recommend it enough so if you have an idea, go for it! You can find out more information HERE. If you have any questions about it, do feel free to drop me an email and i'll try my best to share my experience with you.


I've also decided to bite the bullet and buy a new camera, my old one has died and I just can't keep taking photos on my iPhone, i'm looking at the Nikon D5100 (if anyone has thoughts on this please drop me a comment and let me know what you think) and it means I can FINALLY make proper YouTube tutorials. Can't do much about my mockney'cockney'farmer voice though... haha.

So that's a little catch up with me for now - anyone got exciting plans for the weekend?

L X

0 comments:

Post a Comment