DIY Washi Tape Covered Notebooks

Quick, simple and easy decoration is one of life's great joys, and I know, I know, washi tape makes an appearance AGAIN but, what can I say, I just love it and the best thing is, it's really hard to decorate something with it that looks bad! 

I needed some notebooks to jot down ideas for both thegluegungirl and for Haus of Glue, so when I saw these large kraft ones in Wilkinsons for £2, I knew that they would soon be covered in pastel goodness. 

On a side note, can I just mention, Wilko have really stepped it up on the craft front recently. While  some places require you to drive to a retail park for supplies, it's great that an accessible, high street store is now covering everything from kids craft kits to card making supplies and cheaply too!  Huge thumbs up there! I only live a 5 minute walk away from my local Wilko so when I wake up and need some craft retail therapy, you'll usually find me in there! 


So back to the books, there really isn't a need for a tutorial here as there's only 2 steps! 1) Get a book and some washi tape and 2) cover it! You don't even need a pair of scissors for this one!


I cut a length of neon ribbon, just longer than the height of my notebook, and secured it to the back cover to act as a page marker.



I also had some adhesive letters floating around from card making at Christmas, so for a little bit of personalisation, I stuck on an 'L' of course.


My second book is what I am going to call a 'washi free for all' as I just cut and stuck random pieces all over it and then added some of the black heart stickers from my shop on there along with one of my business mini cards. (I got them from moo.com if anyone was wondering)


You can pick up washi tape & heart stickers from my SHOP and I also have a discount code which is valid until the 16th of June 2013 - just enter 'WOAHITSSUNNY' at the checkout to enjoy 10% off your order!

Finally, if anyone is on instagram, you can follow me @thegluegungirl and if you make something from my blog, i'd love it if you could use the hashtag #thegluegungirl so I can have a look at your crafty creations!

Hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend! Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment