Cake. Cake. Cake.

Hello my lovely blogaroos!

I've been slacking on the posting front recently haven't I? *Slaps wrists* but i'm going through the pre Christmas shopping rush and I also picked, round about now, to start thinking about/planning a complete upheaval career wise so I have been slightly pre occupied. I have come to the conclusion that once you hit 29, you spend the next year going a little bit mental because you are going to be 30. Very strange, it definitely creeps up on you out of nowhere! I'll be glad to get the whole thing over with come next July thats for sure! Anyone else ever feel like this? Please tell me it gets better! lol

Anyway, good stuff... I spent yesterday afternoon making my weekly bake-off's handmade secret santa gift and i'm quite happy with how it turned out. 


I ordered myself a couple of rolls of washi tape for my Christmas wrapping this year and decorating a cardboard shipping tag is just one way i'm going to use them. I really love the effect and you can't get easier that that!


I didn't really have a plan of what to do with the wreath so I made it up as a went along! I'm moving some video tutorials for the felt strawberries and cake from my old youtube, to my new channel so when they go live I will let you all know. 

Mum's friend at work is retiring tomorrow so she asked me to make a few cakes to take in. I am absolutely NOT adversed to a bit of cheating so whipped out my good friend Betty Crocker! 



I had a load of mixture left over and no more cake cases so I put the rest into a square cake pan along with some broken up white chocolate. Once it was cooled, I cut the cake in half, added some peppermint flavoring into the chocolate frosting and the crushed some candy canes on top.


With the other half I slapped a load of the normal frosting on and grated white chocolate over the top like snow!


All I need to do now is make a cup of tea, cut a slice of cake, watch last nights Kirstie's homemade Christmas on Sky+ and finish my Christmas shopping online! 

Have you started your festive preparations yet? How are you planning on wrapping your gifts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive