If at first you don't succeed....

Meet my new arch nemesis, the crochet granny square. I have spent hours (Yes HOURS) "trying" to successfully crochet just one correctly. I have so far, managed a big fat zero. I am pulling my hair out. I am ready to have a mental breakdown. Dramatic? Me.....?

Let me first point out, I am a crochet novice. I saw a post on granny squares via one of my new favorite blogs Deer Little Fawn and was instantly drawn to them and decided I needed to hunt out a crochet hook and some wool. Look at them! Perfection! Granny would be proud of these babies! I have square envy.


As I didn't even know the basics, I found a series of tutorials {I am currently trying out this one here} and set to work thinking "how hard can it be?"

I'll let my photo answer that.

We shall call this piece of work "Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh F@!K"

I *think* my problem seems to be with the slip stitches between each round, I just can't seem to finish each round off correctly. If anyone has any tips or can link me up with how to sort this that would be great!

If at first you don't succeed.... buy yourself a blanket? hahah.

PS. Don't forget to enter my contest before Sunday 23rd at 9pm GMT if you haven't already by clicking {HERE}

0 comments:

Post a Comment