Spotlight Craft: Amigurumi



Japanese crafts have to be my absolute favorites and you'll be seeing a few featured over the coming weeks! I thought I would start with Amigurumi, (編みぐるみ) the japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals that has become increasingly popular over the last decade. 

As someone who absolutely sucks at crochet (remember my granny square disaster?) I find these frustratingly cute and I am tempted to bite the bullet and pick up the crochet hook to try again!

There is a plethora of free patterns and tutorials online on websites such as amigurumipatterns.net, Pinterest and a fantastic Tumblr All About Ami which is a great source for beginners. 




Youtube is also provides invaluable guidance and tutorials (like the one for this cute pencil!) and for pretty much every crochet problem under the sun! 


Of course there is also tons of books to buy (and you I know love a physical copy of something!) which will show you how to create everything from cute to the creepy!


Have you tried making amigurumi before or are you inspired to try it out? Do you have any tips to share? Leave a comment, i'd love to know!

Lisa X

Top photo: Pink cupcake bear by AmigurumiKingdom

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive