DIY Birdseed Cakes

A few days ago I tweeted about how I was going to make a bird feeder because, as you will have noticed by now, I am disgustingly cool. It resulted in me receiving a tweet from Elizabeth saying something along the lines of "Basically I forbid you to make the bird feeder, I will be forced to love you less" hahah! 

Yesterday, me and my trusty assistant Sweep made said bird feeder. I am now making bird feeders with my dog. I am going down a slippery slope here...


I'm not going to lie, I used left over nuts from Christmas, a yoghurt pot that was too big and the result is quite honestly, ugly. I have still hung it in the tree and will wait patiently to see if I have any birdy takers or if they are offended by my "rustic" offering. I may have successfully created a bird repellant. Mine lacks the daintiness of Kirsty Allsopp's that's for sure!  





I know it's not the coolest thing to admit doing, but I actually really do love the idea of making bird feeders and if you have Children, I think it's a lovely thing you can do together. Below is a link to a few pretty DIY tutorials if you fancy having a go yourself! I am definitely going to make the teacup one!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive