DIY Makeup Brush Cleaner

This morning when I opened my makeup brush draw I realised 2 things, one, I needed to clean everything and two, I had run out of brush cleaner. For the record, I use MAC's brush cleaner at £8.50 a bottle.

A quick google later I headed to the kitchen armed with 3 things, my brushes, a bottle of olive oil and a bottle of washing up liquid. Needless to say, I will not be buying brush cleaner again! I can't believe i've been buying it when 2 products I always have in the house have cleaned my brushes effortlessly (if not better!) leaving them squeaky clean and soft. 

I hadn't planned on making this a post so I took some photos on my blackberry as I was going along!

Here's me cleaning my Beauty Blender sponge...


In a bowl mix together equal amounts of olive oil and washing up liquid. The washing up liquid will clean the makeup from your sponge and brushes and the olive oil will condition them. 


Swish the sponge or brush around as you normally would letting them absorb the mixture.


The makeup will quickly start to come off!


Rinse under luke warm water and squeeze out excess.


Ta-da! Clean as a whistle!


You don't need to make up new mixture for each brush, you'll be able to clean a lot of brushes from one lot but you'll know as and when you need to change it.




Now you've saved £8.50 you can put it to better use... like another lipstick! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment