#imapiece craftivist jigsaw project

Whilst scrolling through twitter, I saw a tweet from @CraftBlogUK asking people to join in and get stitching for the Craftivist Jigsaw Project, part of the Save The Children Race Against Hunger campaign. After reading through all the information, I decided I wanted to 'be a piece' and share it with you guys too.

So... what it is?

Using jigsaw pieces stitched by craftivists (that means you!), the project will create an art installation to raise awareness of the issues of world hunger and injustice. As well as making a piece for the artwork, we're encouraging you to make one for yourself to keep as a reminder to be part of the solution, and to give a piece stitched with the words "I'm a piece" to your MP, to ask them to be the positive change they wish to see in the world. 

Why?

The aim is to raise awareness and show that the craft community wants the Government to use its power and influence as host of the 2013 G8 to tackle injustice. Each piece of the puzzle will be stitched with a message to remind us we can all improve the world and help fulfill its potential to be a more beautiful place for all.

How do I get involved?

Easy! Just click HERE to find out everything you need to know about the project and download your jigsaw piece template! Blog about it, tweet about it and share the message! 



Creating a jigsaw piece is super easy, and you can decorate it with a positive message. It's a perfect way to mix your creativity with a good cause. The closing date is February 28th 2013.

I sat in bed and stitched my puzzle piece last night. I'm not the worlds greatest sewer and didn't use a sewing machine so there's no excuses! ;-)



Please make sure you also sign the PETITION - Every year, 2.3 million children die because they don’t get enough of the right food.

"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters and make many ripples.' 

#imapiece 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive