MAKE ME: SUPER EASY VALENTINES DAY CARD


Hello my lovelies!

I feel like I haven't done some sort of "proper" tutorial for a while so while I was looking through the various odds and ends I have laying around, I came up with a super easy Valentines card that I think looks pretty sweet. Can I just say, a white pen is my absolute most favorite thing E V E R.  Everything looks better covered in white polka dots!

So if you fancy having a go, here's what you'll need:
  • Small piece of fabric
  • Glue stick
  • White pen
  • Coloured card
  • Coloured envelope
  • Scissors
  • Ruler
  • Sticky letters


1. Start by cutting out a heart from your piece of fabric. This should be just smaller that the width of your card. I did mine freehand but you can also make a heart template to get it perfect.


2. Apply glue to the back of your fabric. Glue sticks are perfect because they really do stick that sucker to the card and you don't have to worry about the card getting soggy underneath like if you used PVA glue.


3. Position your fabric heart where you want it on the card and smooth down. It's got a little bit of slip so don't worry if you don't get it in the exact position you want first time. Just slide it where you want it.


4. Pick a something to say on your heart and stick on the self adhesive letters.


5. With the white pen, draw on some dots!


6. Admire your crafty handy work!


7. With a white pen and a ruler, draw on some address lines on the front of your envelope. If you're not posting the card you can skip this step. 


8. Draw some more dots on the envelope because, yep... you really can't have too many polka dots!


9. Write a message in your card and present to the man or woman of your dreams on February 14th!


PS. A white or gold pen makes boring envelopes little things of joy! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive