JENNY CRAIG DAY 5 & THE FOOD MELTDOWN

Welcome to my food consumption on day 5 on Jenny Craig!

Breakfast: Muesli with raisins & hazelnuts
Lunch: Salad with potato, rosemary and croutons 
Snack: White chocolate cereal bar
Dinner: Chicken Provençal with durum wheat

Breakfast started off OK, just OK mind.

Then we moved on to lunch. Oh, what can I say about this!! I have another pet hate... yep... another... instant mash. The texture and taste makes me cringe so you can imagine how excited I was to find a pot of 'just add water' potatoes were on the lunch menu.

God it was bad. It was wet and sloppy, over powered by the rosemary with little surprise bits of crunch.    My food rage started to build up from this point onwards, right now, we were on a 5.

Because I didn't enjoy lunch, I had a Jenny Craig snack bar. There is nothing to dislike about this! But by now I was starting to think about not looking forward to dinner and the food rage moved up to a 6.

If you're anything like me, and I know most people will not be as crazy loco when it comes to food and taste, if you haven't enjoyed something, you don't feel satisfied. Not feeling satisfied leads to hunger. When faced with hunger, do you want this...?


Or does your mind start wandering to... this?

I'm sorry for what i'm about to say.... but fresh fruit just isn't going to cut it. 

Everyone seemed to be tweeting and facebooking about roast dinner which pushed me to an 8.5 on the food rage scale and after I heated up dinner (minus the vegetables again to try and extract some taste) and it tasting like every other dinner from the last 5 days, I hit the 10. Full. Force. 10. 

This is pretty much my face sitting at the dinner table. I kid you not.


What then proceeded was a bit of a meltdown mainly involving me shouting about wanting a Toffee crisp, saying how a life of repetitive flavor was torture and my idea of hell on earth. 

Now I know this is a very dramatic reaction to have but, in all seriousness, I didn't realise just HOW much my mood is effected by what I eat. I absolutely love flavor. I love the process of cooking and enjoying what i've made. Turns out, if you take away these two elements, I become a monster. 

Jenny Craig really isn't that bad, but for me, it's becoming a struggle already. I'm not saying I want to run out and have a McDonalds every day (Ok... IF it wasn't bad to do this, I might give it a go) but knowing your dinner will be ready in 2 minutes and gone in about the same time (and i've been eating slowly to make it last) is just not the same as preparing something yourself and really being involved in the whole process. 

I. LOVE. FOOD. 

I think i'm going to have to learn to like exercise. 

Sorry to both David & Sean for the evil that was unleashed from me last night.

The show must go on. Steamed vegetables anyone? Mmmmm. 

L x

PS. It is worth noting that the Chicken Provençal with durum wheat was the best tasting dinner so far. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment