Work in progress...

A monumental thing happened yesterday... I got a new bed and myself, David and Sean's friendship managed to survive even though it was a complete pain in the arse to put together. (Mainly me and Sean's fault for having a serious lack of being about the read the instructions properly!) I got my bed HERE if anyone has been looking for something similar. 


My room in London is still a work in progress and i'm having separation anxiety from my room at my parents house which was decorated exactly how I wanted it. Ignore the duvet cover, I usually only have white ones on, so the general colour scheme is off white, black, silver and plum. I got the below cushion from TK Maxx which was the starting point for the colour.


The next step in making my room right is dealing with this pine bedside table. I think i'm going to paint it black and change the handles as I don't like the different colour woods going on. Handle shopping on eBay is proving enjoyable!


One thing I didn't enjoy, was trying to bid on this lamp... and losing. Honestly, my heart can't take eBay auctions and the subsequent rage that fills me after being out bid at the final 30 seconds! So, the search for a bedside light continues, i'm hoping that when I go to Paris at the end of the month I might be able to get something similar. 


On my left hand side wall I have a set of shelves that you can't see in this photo, but I have 3 spare walls that currently have nothing on them. What to do with these? I thought about getting a mirror for on top of the fireplace but seeing my glorious self in the morning is putting me off!


It's getting there slowly... next week i'll be armed with paint to finally tackle it and I can go shopping for decorative pieces!

0 comments:

Post a Comment