I made ramen!

Today was my first time ever making ramen and it was a success! A hot, bubbling stock filled with noodles and other deliciousness was just what we all needed. I used packets of hot & spicy ramen noodles from the Oriental supermarket and used the soup base that came with it to cook everything in.


In my ramen I added chicken, char siu pork (ready cooked from the Oriental supermarket so I just had to heat it under the grill!), shiitake mushrooms, spinach, Japanese vegetable dumplings, a boiled egg and some chopped spring onion on top. Mmmmmmmmm. It might not be very authentic and a bit of a cheats take on it but it tasted gooooooooooooooood! I also tried sake for the first time... I didn't hate it, to be honest, I don't really know how I feel about it but I didn't seem to have too much of a hard time drinking the stuff!

Have you made ramen before? What's your favorite combination or do you have any tips for me? Drop me a comment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive