Light it up!

At the start of this year I had a rummage in my parents barn and came across an old, brown wood, 1950s standard lamp base hanging around doing nothing. A can of red spray paint later and it had transformed into this...


After rewiring it (Thanks dad!) it's been sitting in my spare room doing nothing so I have been looking for some inspiration to help me get this bad boy finished off! There are so many lovely looking lampshades but unfortunately they are a little on the pricey side, BUT, if I buy a frame and cover it myself I get to go fabric shopping! I can pretty much hear Cath Kidston calling my name!

This is hopefully going to be my end of week project so I will of course blog it for you guys and with a bit of luck, it won't be a complete disaster! Below are some images I am taking inspiration from. I especially love the liberty print flower detail.

If any of you have experience of covering a lampshade do feel free to drop me any hints or tips! 

PS. Don't forget to enter my washi tape contest by Sunday 20th November! {ENTER HERE}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive