Super easy chocolate fudge

Yesterday I made fudge for the first time. Let me start by saying I always thought I didn't like fudge and the thought of eating it actually made me shudder! (Think of the souvenir boxes of fudge you'd buy at the seaside, all sugar tasting and a bit grainy.... cringe!)

Anyway, a lot of people DO like fudge so I thought I would test out a recipe as bags of homemade fudge make nice Christmas gifts. It turns out, not only is this recipe quick and super easy, but I also LOVE this fudge! It tastes SO good! The hardest part is stopping yourself from eating it all!

This recipe makes a great base and you can pretty much add in anything you like such as raisins, chopped nuts, marshmallows or why not add in some peppermint extract for a festive fudge! I added chopped nuts on the top of mine but I would say that 80% of them fall off. In my opinion, it would be much better to mix the nuts into the fudge mixture.


You'll need:

400g chocolate (I used 200g milk & 200g dark)
397g can of Carnation condensed milk
25g butter
100g icing sugar
Chopped nuts

1) Line an 8 inch square baking tin with grease proof paper making sure the baking paper covers the sides as well as the bottom of the tin.

2) Break up your chocolate into small pieces and put in a saucepan with the condensed milk and butter. Melt together on a low/medium heat stirring occasionally until everything is melted and your left with a silky mixture. You can also melt everything in a microwave in 20 second bursts, stirring each time until all melted) If you are adding peppermint flavoring, dried fruit or nuts, add them in now.

3) Remove your mixture from the heat and sieve in 100g of icing sugar and mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture into your lined baking tin and smooth over with a spoon. If you want to put nuts on top like I did, sprinkle them on now and press onto the surface.

4) Put in the refrigerator over night. I know that waiting is painful but the original recipe says chill for an hour and this isn't long enough. It wasn't set hard enough 3 hours later either but when I went to cut it up this morning it was P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Patience will be worth it I promise!

5) Remove your fudge from the tin and cut into squares!

6) Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive