Little haul and holiday granola recipe

On Saturday I did some shopping with my mum and I picked up a few things that made me stupidly happy!


TKMAXX is quite literally my absolute favorite shop EVER. Our local one has a great homeware section so I picked up a huge glass jar inspired by Ina Garten for £14.99. The candy cane bauble lights are currently what I have in there and these were also £14.99, a bit pricey but I loved them! Lastly I picked up a mercury glass effect candle holder for £5.99 and a glass preserve bottle, £1.99, for the chai latte syrup i'm going to make. Mum is still refusing to entertain me buying a glittery wooden nutcracker man but i'll crack her! See what I did there! Did you! Oh dear...


Next I stopped in good old Poundland and picked up some paper doilies for a craft project and they were selling magic snow powder so naturally, it would be criminal to leave without picking some up!

I also popped into a couple of charity shops as I end up getting a lot of cookbooks from there and picked up the M&S Gastropub cookbook for a bargain £2.50! The little vintage christmas market glass was totally useless but I had to have it! It cost a whopping 35p!

My last stop was Holland & Barrett as they were having a buy one, get one half price sale on their dried fruit and nuts. I was watching Barefoot Contessa make a cherry, almond and cinnamon granola so I thought I would have a go but adapt it slightly. It turned out perfectly and is REALLY tasty! I don't think this is going to last long in my house so I'll be making more shortly! Again, also a nice idea to jar up and give as a Christmas gift! Here's how you make it...

Holiday Granola

You'll need:

4 cups of rolled oats
1 cups of sweetened shredded coconut, chopped
1 cups of sliced almonds
1 cup of dried cranberries, chopped
1 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1tsp ground cinnamon

1) Preheat your oven to 160° or gas mark 3

2) In a large bowl combine all your ingredients apart from the coconut and mix well.

3) Spread mixture onto a large baking tray


4) Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stir every 5 minutes and add in the shredded coconut in the last 5 minutes of baking. You will need to keep an eye on your granola to ensure it doesn't burn.

5) Remove from the oven, allow to cool and store in an airtight container!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive